View Single Post
Old 18-01-2017, 23:51   #2715
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Might be leading you astray here, but in the SH3 is the wi-fi set to a particular channel or is it set to auto ( if that option is available)? Back in the day when 802.11g was as good as it got I found my laptop connected to the TV would drop the network. Turned out a firmware update had left my router set to auto in the wi-fi channel and when a better channel was available it would change meaning the laptop lost it's connection while it caught up. Drove me to dispair!

Also I had great fun with multi-room streaming on the old TiVo with insufficient bandwidth or slow network response etc. Hope this isn't something that has transferred to the V6. It's a TiVo thing as not had the issue with SkyQ and the only change on the network has been the set top box at each end.

Cheers

Grim
I believe it is set to auto. I've separated the 2.4 and 5ghz networks and connected most things at 5ghz. So I'll give that a go before trying the wireless channel. Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

Put both boxes into 5ghz wifi and now when I try to access the other V6 box I get an V401 error.

This is so frustrating. I can stream Netflix and YouTube fine through LG TVS, a phone and the V6 boxes. I can watch my recordings through TV anywhere on my phone fine all through WiFi. Why are the 2 V6 boxes just not talking to each other properly.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote