View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 08:27   #35
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ITV threaten to blackout on Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I actually thought that was the whole point of the 'exclusivity period'.
I believe that ITV Encore's audience share is very low, which I guess they think would make the production of new dramas uneconomic.

However, in my view, if they were to add some decent original material to that channel, and advertise it on the main ITV and Sky channels, it would gain a much bigger audience on Sky. Even if its audience share remained on the low side, the cost of the original dramas shown on there would be recouped from repeating them on ITV at a later date, with a note that it was originally shown on ITV Encore. The channel would then seem to be more interesting.

As it is, they've turned this channel into one that's regarded as irrelevant because it screens stuff that has already been shown on ITV3, itself an ITV repeats channel.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote