View Single Post
Old 23-03-2008, 18:32   #1674
piggy
Inactive

piggy has disabled reputation
Re: Followup to my DPA letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
- that is, Virgin have sent a followup. Sort of. It's from Customer Concern (in Swansea, of all places).

They seem to think the letter was a complaint about the service. Oh, come ON!!! (part II)

What is wrong with these people?! I know there are none so blind who will not see, but this is just getting stupid! Do they really think we're just going to sit still and let this abuse happen?

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

Short answer: no, it wouldn't outsmart Phorm.

Ironkey only keeps files secure once you've got them - but all such files pass through your ISP before reaching your computer, and Ironkey can't stop that, so it doesn't do you any good. Unless I've missed something.

No, the only way around the profiling (spying, theft - hard to see the difference) if your ISP does it is to switch to an ISP that doesn't. I wonder how many parties the Bethere execs (and those of any other non-participating ISP) will be throwing when the new subscribers start signing up in their hundreds and, most likely, thousands...?
it lets you surf the web with encryption enabled like a vpn session so i think it would