Thread: 350M Win 10 Speed slow
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2019, 13:34   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Win 10 Speed slow

you should go with plan A from before xmas and buy a proper router. Plan B is never buy a pc from a supermarket because they buy the cheapest naff they can get their hands on say it is half price, was £500 now £250.

True story for you, a guy who I work with bought his son a new laptop for xmas for uni and before xmas he asked me if I could upgrade the ram for him in advance so it was good to go. I told him I would need the model number so I could look at the specs and see what the upgrade options are. It was a HP "stream" series notebook and the ram is soldered straight onto the motherboard and neither upgradable or replaceable and the "HDD" was 32gb, it was basically a memory stick soldered to the motherboard. The more and more I read about it the more I cringed and I politely told him it was a pile of junk, I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me for free and I would take it back and swap it for something better which I would happily provide recommendations for. He told me he was going to take it back but I don't think he did. Any problems they have going forward is his own fault because he failed to listen to very sound and reasoned advice.

Hint hint.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote