View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 20:12   #5687
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Not at all, Den, you cannot say that Amazon, or whoever it may be, will never seriously put a bid in for the rights to the EPL, it's very early days, and they, imo, are testing the water with the games that they have coming this December.
Exactly, that is all I am saying apart from the fact that the tech cos are far bigger than the existing media cos and can easily outbid them if they choose to do so.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
They just picked up those 2 sets of matches for December because they were going for next to nothing and my opinion is you are reading far too much into that MM.
If it were in isolation, then I'd agree with that, but the fact that they are adding loads of other sports all the time now, seems to at least suggest, does it not, that their interest in sports is more than just a passing fad. How serious they are, who knows, but we'll have to wait a few years and see if they ever do go for more rights.