View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 18:24   #265
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I like the HDR1100s. 500 GB, Richard Sound have it for £172 49 other places are £199". Wondered if this was a reliable one
Sorry I’m late back to this thread.

We have the Humax 1100S, terabyte model, in white. It’s very easy to set up and use and has YouTube and Netflix apps built in, alongside iPlayer, stv player and Demand 5. All 4 is presently missing because channel 4 are having a carriage dispute with Freesat. I expect it will return eventually.

On the BBC channels you can tune to a programme and, if it’s halfway through, choose to start watching it from the start even if you haven’t been recording it. It does this by automatically accessing the iPlayer. Very useful.

The first box we had, we had to return after a month because it stopped responding to its remote. Amazon refunded it no quibble (they couldn’t automatically replace as it was a “fulfilled by” purchase). We ordered another one and it’s been fine.

It is a far better machine than the Echostar we had previously, which used to lock up at random every couple of weeks for no apparent reason, requiring a hard reboot via the wall socket.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote