Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2021, 19:53   #4877
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I’m not aware that they said there would not be a second wave. Do you have a link for that, Hugh?

https://www.thearticle.com/herd-immu...ethal-strategy
Quote:
In the summer, Gupta asserted that, if she was right that there was already widespread immunity in the population, Covid-19 was already on the way out and we would not see a second wave. Others who share such views include Carl Heneghan of Oxford’s Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine and Karol Sikora, an oncologist at the University of Buckingham and a former cancer adviser to the World Health Organization. Sikora (a signatory of the Great Barrington Declaration) asserted in June that the virus might simply just “fade out”, despite “a lot of fuss and a lot of noise”, and that it was likely we’d be done with Covid-19 by August. In late September, faced with evidence that he was wrong, he argued that “this second wave is simply not as deadly.” In later September, as the more infectious new variant of the virus was just taking off, Heneghan argued it was too early to implement a lockdown; by 9 October he was still casting doubt on the reality of a second wave.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...ons-quarantine
Quote:
Stop panicking! Europe ISN'T experiencing 'second wave' says expert - Boris must keep calm

A LEADING doctor has urged caution rather than panic amid growing fears of a second wave of coronavirus.

Professor Karol Sikora spoke out after the UK reported its highest number of new COVID-19 infections in more than a month and partial lockdown returned to Greater Manchester and parts of West Yorkshire and East Lancashire.
Another of Sunetra Gupta’s predictions hasn’t aged well...

https://www.financialexpress.com/lif...rward/2124438/
Quote:
She’s of the view that many parts of India have clearly achieved herd immunity as cases of infections are falling naturally. The professor said that this tells us that seroprevalence studies cannot tell the exact proportion of the population that has been exposed, and when.

Talking about the studies in India that state 60-70 per cent antibodies in particular localities, she said that in those areas people were recently exposed and it has overshot the level required for herd immunity. She added that not only do antibodies decay but now it is also known that not everybody makes antibodies.

She said that herd immunity in India will happen in different phases because it is a very large country. “But it will happen for sure. I imagine, though I have not studied all the data carefully, that most part of Maharashtra must have developed herd immunity by now… But there must be other areas where immunity has not progressed that much.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why? I quoted the leading scientists and academics who made the argument that continued use of masks and requirements to social distancing would not be necessary. I was merely agreeing with them.

If you want to argue the toss, knock yourself out. I'm sure you'll find something obscure .
Are multiple sources using their own words unobscure enough for you?

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BA676AAF-D5E8-4075-9136-71599BDFF26C.jpeg (23.0 KB, 99 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 26-04-2021 at 20:13.