Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 21:25   #824
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I wasn't referring to tier codes when I said M+ customers were "moved" to Fun, I was referring to the wording on the letters they sent to us as customers.
I wasn't really focussing on the tier codes either, just stating what had happened to them with each change. I think Ben summed up the current changes quite well as a "simplification". There is now channel parity, so a future migration to "Fun" wouldn't be too difficult. In the meantime, there is a marketing opportunity for customer services to inform customers of the extra channels and to offer them an update to a current package with even more channels. Virgin have already been seen to be rolling over legacy Full House customers to Maxit + Kids.

Quote:
I think moving legacy customers to Mixit and Personal Picks would be be a nightmare until numbers are pretty small. Best to wait until the numbers are small from natural customer churn. Writing to large numbers and getting them to understand and then pick Personal Picks, I can't imagine going well, either from a customer relations point of view, or administration-wise.
Probably better to offer them a newer package now and get as many customers onto the current packs ASAP. Depending on how the change is "sold" it may even reduce churn. Prices could be held at the current level with any increase built into the annual price increase. It doesn't make sense to hang onto legacy packages when Virgin are moving into new areas such as IPTV, with entirely new subscription tiers. "Mix" users determined to keep their existing bundle can be rolled over to "Fun" with channel parity, kicking the migration of "Fun" down the road. As I said, retiring all of the old codes may still be some way off.

I posted the current differences between Mix and Fun on DS Forum, if anyone wants to follow Media Boy's earlier link to that thread.