Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 19:44   #822
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
That's why I used the word "basically", I didn't know the details and there was no mention of a letter being sent to customers like when M+ TV customers were moved to Fun.

I didn't know Fun gets Virgin's Kids On-Demand content, I've never checked.

They were actually moved onto a different tier, the original M+ (& More) tier code(s) were unchanged with the redundant tier codes still added to new channels as they were added. M+ codes haven't been added to channels recently added to the Mix pack, so a departure from the norm.

Quote:
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it's easier for VM to add services to a tier rather than migrate people to a tier in these types of circumstances i.e. large numbers of customers. That's probably why M+ is still on their systems, despite customers being "moved" onto Fun, they just matched the channels.
The recent changes preserve the "Mix" pack but with "Fun" pack channel parity. I would think the best plan would be to migrate everyone to the Mixit (Player) + personal picks model and retire all of the old codes but that may be some way off.