Thread: General Analogue Cable Memories
View Single Post
Old 30-09-2021, 12:05   #94
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Analogue Cable Memories

We're all the analogue channels broadcast unencrypted? I appreciate the franchise nature of cable TV companies means there probably isn't a single answer to that. I remember visiting a family member in the late 90s who hooked up a PC tuner to the network and was able to watch sport and movie channels that they weren't subscribed to. Like you Chris, I tried the same with my TV tuner direct to the wall box, but only ever received a very small number of channels that I already had access to anyway. Presumably channel frequencies were allocated so that the premium channels were less likely to be visible on domestic TV tuners
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote