Thread: General Analogue Cable Memories
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2021, 01:32   #91
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Analogue Cable Memories

i was late to the show unfortunately and only got cable in 2000. i was a naive young child and thought the only options were sky at this point and had limited knowledge of "cable". I was 13/14 at the time. I thought sky would be superior as i knew more about it so kept nagging my dad for sky tv but he kept saying no as he didnt want a dish on the house. Eventually i mentioned cable and after he asked if it had the dish or not immediately said yes once hearing it didnt. it was the easiest win i'd ever had and i wish id done it a year or two earlier.

Had glorious telewest analogue from summer 2000 to summer 2004 when we switched to telewest digital. weirdly from summer 2000 to summer 2004 i still have freeserve internet and only from 2002 did i have freeserve unlimited.

Looking back i should have been way more clued up with unlimited internet and cable tv and i could have got the stuff from 1999 etc....but then again maybe for my school grades it was the best how it worked out!

Last edited by vincerooney; 28-09-2021 at 01:33. Reason: .
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote