Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 00:23   #643
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well to be fair to the Daleks and Cybermen there were desperate to escape the Flux so would have done anything to ensure their safety.

I thought it did a good job of telling a story and covering all the strands they revealed in the first couple of episodes. Lots of timey whimey typical Doctor stuff really.
I quite liked Flux. Ch1 and 2 were reasonable, Ch3 was awful, Ch4 & 5 were pretty good and Ch6 was good (but slight dip from 4/5).

Unfortunately they probably messed up any Prof Jericho spin-off, though they could do some timey-wimey technobabble as there was a glow that doesn't have to be the Flux if they don't want it to be. Vinder and the other 2 in a ship was like a spin-off setup and future possible companions or other reappearances.

The dialogue Jodie has had, mostly in previous series, has been the biggest problem. It was decidedly iffy, and there was little anyone in her position could have done with it. The dialogue wasn't as ropey in Flux. My gut suspects Jodie would've done better under any of the previous showrunners. Chibnall doesn't have the Children's TV background of RTD and it didn't feel to me he could write story and dialogue that suits a family audience, even Moffat had more experience with younger audience (Press Gang) and variety in CV (he did Coupling).
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote