View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 01:02   #8313
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
I strongly suspect that VM have pulled a stunt. A 'tip off' to the Guardian by an inside source that they will shortly be dropping Phorm.

That's bought them several weeks from being under the cosh. They are just hoping to get to the end of the BT trials so they can see which way the wind is blowing.

Not a bad strategy, considering it's the one adopted by HMG.
If this was the case, sadly for VM, I see delays for the trials as rewrite after rewrite must be taking place to get around the obstacles we see and hear daily such as 'cookie vulnerabilities' pointed out recently.

Lets face it. If BT / Phorm get this trial badly wrong with the world watching, I imagine heads will definitely roll and those heads will want to ensure the system is watertight from a hackers point of view. It has taken Microsoft years attempting to do this and they are still learning and falling as new vulnerabilities are found. Is is seven or eight windows critical updates this Tuesday

Re "Not a bad strategy, considering it's the one adopted by HMG"

How does it go? "You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time".