Old 31-05-2008, 13:11   #7709
gnilddif
Inactive

gnilddif is on a distinguished roadgnilddif is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
<snipped>
Just to cheer you up - I'm preparing a letter to ICO regarding BT's cookie handling and the way they have been running bt.com, in association with custhelp.com and webwise.bt.com, in terms of handling personally identifiable data which has been made available to Phorm.Inc. So the case load is beginning to build up, and this is a different but related issue illustrating how poor BT are at protecting customer data. there's some good stuff on file.
If you wish to have either of my emails from "BT Webwise" Robert, let me know. I've made an online complaint to ICO already, as you know.
What I'm considering is whether there might be a case to prosecute BT under the DPA in respect of the BT Webwise/121media/phorm online question procedure fiasco. I don't think I'd sent my DPA/Common law rights Notice to them by the time I had the 1st email (with the explicit marketingATphormDOTcom body text insertion), but certainly they had acknowledged the Notice by the time of the second email that contained the "reference" to 121media in the headers. And there is still the evidence in that the Subject line of both read "FW: BT.webwise.com Contact Request". The fact that they've changed the "Contact BT" link to a btDOTcom UK server rather than the phorm US one surely implies that they felt they were not on solid legal ground.
g