View Single Post
Old 31-05-2008, 11:52   #7703
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
NTLVictim. I already had....

With the earlier conversations I had with the ICO it was clear that they would not be able to actually do anything.

In those conversations I was informed that the ICO can only take action after a second contravention has taken place. If a contravention takes place the ICO warn the company not to do it again. If the second contravention takes place the ICO have the power to fine the company. Although the figures talked were laughable - they only have the power to fine a few thousand.

I did not expect such a whitewash today though. I had expected firm confirmation that PECR was contravened so that it was crystal clear BT broke the law and that the police could then not refuse to investigate. This is now not the case and once again a buck has been passed and it is up to a lawyer to enforce the law.

EU it now is.

Oh and I am now more vigorous in pursuing for compensation :-)
From what was said by the EC on the Phorm matter recently I think that would be a good course of action.