View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 22:50   #81
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
My point of black young men being more likely to be killed by black young men, Especially within London, again is totally valid.
I'm not denying there is an issue within London, but it's not a pattern that holds throughout the rest of the UK.
https://news.sky.com/story/black-mur...-v-uk-11443656
Quote:
Numbers for the rest of the country painted a different picture, with murder victim and suspect figures more or less proportionate to the make up of the population.

Nationally, 3% of the population is black, 5% of murder victims are black and 13% of murder suspects are black.

White people make up 86% of the country, 89% of the UK's murder victims and 81% of its murder suspects.
So it's not 'more likely' as specific issue within the black community or indeed 'black young men'. It is specific issues within London, which warrants solving.

However whatever the reasons for the issues that happening within London, it doesn't excuse the issues that are happening when the BAME communities interact with the police and the justice system within the UK. And those issue are part of the Black Lives Matter demonstrations now happening.

Last edited by BenMcr; 07-06-2020 at 23:04.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote