View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 00:47   #12
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Upgrade from 5 to 13 static IP addresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowarth View Post
I'm using all 5 of my currently assigned addresses - I use them to segregate different services. Got a web server running off one, a PBX for my house on another, an SFTP server on another, some other bits on the last few (including my firewall for my home network)

I could use port forwarding, but for some of these things I like to have them exposed fully to the internet without running them on seemingly random ports. Plus not having to fiddle around with NAT is good (for the PBX at least).

Having all those things behind their own firewalls and separated from my home network is what I need.

I could easily get by with just a single dynamic IP, but owing largely to my job, having this fancy setup works a treat.
VM not complying with RIPE guidelines there accepting that as a valid reason for the IP allocation

Generally speaking you can run a sftp server on the same ip as a webserver, they dont use the same port.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote