View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 10:10   #10913
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Warner Discovery is not a platform. My understanding it has at least three: HBO Max (not UK till at least 2025), Discovery + and Eurosport. The latter two are also sold as a single package.

I can envisage the Eurosport and BT Sport platforms converging with a discount for those taking Discovery + and EuroSport/BT Sport. EE is now BT's main consumer brand for the future so BT may not have a problem fading out the BT Sport brand, especially as the long-term head of BT Sport has now left.

Expect lots of offers to BT and EE customers to make it worth their while taking Discovery +.

In the long-term, I do think we could see a combined Warner Brothers Discovery streaming service to potentially rival Now TV in breadth of content. But I suspect sport would still be sold as an add-on and separately due to its cost. Commercial pressures - why turn away good money? - may encourage it to still wholesale some or all channels to Sky and VM.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/h...235205397/amp/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote