View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 15:57   #10790
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
But the cycling on Eurosport now is only a fraction of what GCN cover on their app/online, apart from the TdF/Giro/Vuelta. They used to cover MotoGP until BT Sport acquired the rights, and their World Superbike coverage has gone downhill over the last couple of years.

All of it regularly gets bumped/delayed when the tennis or snooker is on.
Given Discovery own GCN, I doubt they are concerned.

I suspect the reduction is due to a combination of increased snooker coverage, which probably appeals to more UK viewers, and that it quite deliberately pushes those that want more of the cycling, and uninterrupted, to take out a GCN+, or Discovery+ subscription.

There's plenty enough outside the Grand Tours for me, I don't have enough time to watch all Eurosport's other cycling coverage as it is now.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote