View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 14:20   #9440
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My memory might be going OB but its quite clear and lucid when it comes to your predictions and statements.
The fact is, I've never said it.

The closest I have gone towards that statement has been:

1. That Sky will ditch its satellite transmissions in favour of IPTV in the medium to long term.

2. That viewing will be via streaming rather than linear channels by 2035. Maybe that's what you are thinking of, but that by no means indicates that Sky will no longer be in existence.

3. That Murdoch has abandoned his project, successful until now, as he cannot compete with the global streamers. That's why Comcast has taken over, of course.

4. That one of the global players will bid for the Premier League football and bid against Sky, either in the 2019 or 2022 round.

5. That Sky need to make more originals because the various players are going for a direct to customer approach. This would deprive Sky of some important content. Since then, Sky has entered into an arrangement to make some content jointly with HBO, and of course more content is also available to them now that Comcast has taken over.

I can't think of any other comment I have made that you could have taken as meaning 'Sky will get blown out of the water' because frankly, I can't see that happening at all.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote