Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who : Season 5
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 23:19   #19
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
There are some so-called 'fans' on a certain members-only Doctor Who forum who are already shooting him down, based on the trailer.

The BBC won't pull the rug out from under him though. It isn't the 1980s any more, and Michael Grade has nothing to do with what's shown on BBC1 any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
You know he will be, DT and Eccelston were both ridiculed by some at first
There are a *lot* of fans that think the show has changed too much from the old show, and they seem to moan about every little thing. There's also the fact that some people seem to moan about every doctor because he's not as good as the last one..

I'm not one of them. I can accept that the old series had it's highs and lows, as does the new series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
the Doctor with a Gun and punching someone. And at least 2 clips of ALex Kingston in the trailer
Wouldn't be the first time The Doctor has used a gun. At the end of Earthshock, he blasts a cyberman several times with a blaster, not to mention the end of the episode "Dalek" where the Doctor is pointing a Gun at a Dalek, with Rose between them saying "but he's not the one pointing a gun at me".
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote