Thread: 4K New tv which is 4k?
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2019, 19:50   #24
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: New tv which is 4k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
It is a myth. You might like a big screen but you don't need it. 4k as a resolution doesn't just suddenly get better because it's on a big screen. 4k is 4k, if viewed from the correct distance, it's going to look the same at 24" as it does at 80".

55" isn't too small if sat at the correct distance, that's the whole point of this debate.

No the reason it looked good was because of the resolution which is why I used the word crisp.

I don't want to go round in circles. Resolution can't just equal size. It's size in relation to viewing distance that matters. 4k is not pointless on small screens if you are sat close enough to benefit.
I'm rather confused by this - the optimum distance applies to SD, with HD TVs you can sit where you want and get a decent viewing experience -sitting a foot away you would still be able to see clearly.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote