Thread: TiVo TV Volume
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2021, 14:00   #17
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: TV Volume

Can I ask, are we talking about the box's volume or the TV itself?

I know that some devices have their own volume controls and others use the TV's. You can usually tell by how the on-screen representation of the volume is displayed.

E.g. I have an old Humax box and if I use the volume on its remote it changes the box volume, represented by a chunky bar graphic. But when I use the volume of the remote that came with the TV it's connected to the volume information looks very different on-screen. I used to set the Humax box to 100% then use the TV remote to make it far too loud, then turn down the Humax volume to the desired level. And then I hid the TV remote and only used the box remote.

So are we talking about the output of the Virgin Media TV box? Or the TV it's connected to?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote