View Single Post
Old 28-11-2020, 00:46   #237
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

I think that those who like to record everything (like me) won't like it, because most of the downsides are related to recording. Those who like to watch live TV or use streaming (popular with younger people) will probably find it better.

I believe that All4 and My5 are missing, as well as some apps that are on the V6, but i'm sure they'll come in time.

If I were happy to stream material, I personally wouldn't bother paying VM for TV. You might as well use Freesat and/or Freeview and dip in and out of Now TV as and when you need it for the pay and free channel VOD content with streaming sticks. Most people no longer use their landline, so that just leaves BB to pay for.

I can see why profiles would be useful for you though and voice control is great for some disabled and sight impaired people.

The no no for me is not being able to record radio. Does the 360 have QuickView, as this is one thing that I really like about the V6? If not, then VM lose their USP and it's time to move on.

I've been asking about Sky Q and you can record radio on it as it has a full EPG, but it doesn't have Series Links. One workaround is to set reoccurring recordings.

The thing is I am now in a 17 month contract. I'll be happy to honour this and possibly stay even longer, but it's now being said that all customers will have to go onto the 360 when the VM contract with TiVo ends. If this is during the next 17 months i'll have to get legal advice to see if I can get out of the contract by claiming that this amounts to a significant material change to what I signed up for, if this doesn't work i'll look into the consequences of cancelling the direct debit, breaching my contract and moving to Sky Q, but I doubt it will come to this tbh.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote