View Single Post
Old 24-10-2019, 10:03   #2113
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

If GOLD does get rebranded BBC Comedy I can see Eden, as part of a possible relaunch, being renamed BBC Earth, as it operates in many other countries. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Earth_(TV_channel)

Given its ratings, I wouldn't be surprised if Eden went Free-To-Air though. BBC Studios have a slot on Freeview they could potentially use, namely the Dave Ja Vu slot, and it would likely get them higher ratings than that +1, and almost certainly no worse, so better than Eden is currently getting.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You have made a good point. I think this would be a bad move for the BBC as it would cause confusion to be called BBC and have breaks.
I agree. Plus many don't realise the BBC own UKTV and would be annoyed because, in their view, the BBC shouldn't make money in other ways, even though it's being doing so for a very long time in various ways.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote