Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 21:32   #47
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit (New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
As i posted in the old thread. Why at this point would the EU27 grant extension?

Now that parliament can’t vote on the deal, and the EU wont change the deal.

Where is there any way to go? Tell me what you think are the possible options. Given those constraints.
The EU granting a short extension might qualify as a different deal. Allowing the government to bring it back. Even if they didn't and MPs wanted to vote on it then they themselves can vote to allow the bill to be brought back to the house.

Alternatively they could grant a longer one if there was a referendum or a general election. I think a long extension would lead to a general election anyway.