View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 19:18   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Oscar nominations 2018: who do you want to win?

So here is what I think will win and what I want to win. I have * next to the films I haven't yet seen (Shape of Water and Lady Bird as well as I, Tonya I'll go see):

Best picture
Call Me by Your Name*
Darkest Hour
Should win: Dunkirk or Get Out
Lady Bird*
Phantom Thread*
The Post
The Shape of Water*
Will Win: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best actor
Timothée Chalamet, Call Me By Your Name*
Daniel Day-Lewis, Phantom Thread*
Daniel Kaluuya, Get Out
Should and Will win: Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
Denzel Washington, Roman J Israel, Esq*

Best actress
Sally Hawkins, The Shape of Water*
Should and Will win: Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Margot Robbie, I, Tonya*
Saoirse Ronan, Lady Bird*
Meryl Streep, The Post

Best director
Paul Thomas Anderson, Phantom Thread*
Will Win: Guillermo del Toro, The Shape of Water*
Greta Gerwig, Lady Bird*
Should win: Christopher Nolan, Dunkirk
Jordan Peele, Get Out

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
haven't you seen Dunkirk? Darkest Hour was very moving and I genuinely want to see The Shape of Water as well. I am going to watch the rest of them anyway because I used to get explosive when I wanted something like Dunkirk to win and then random film X (Lady Bird for example) that I hadn't seen won. Same goes for the acting categories. I love Denzel Washington but I think Gary Oldman should win this year. I am going to watch the other nominated performances though just in case someone else gets it so I understand/appreciate why.

Another one which gets me every year is Original Score. What the pluck has John Williams got to do to get an Oscar?
Out of the films I have seen for Best Score it has to go to Dunkirk.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote