View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 18:01   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar nominations 2018: who do you want to win?

he has got one Oscar and a gazillion nominations. He is the most nominated person for anything in Oscar history. I'll admit that some years his scores are good but nothing special and there have been other composers which deserved to win but there have been plenty of times (and more often than not) when he should win hands down but the Oscar goes to some shitty person who whacked a couple of keys on a piano for a film you haven't heard of. This year I think it is definitely between John Williams and Hans Zimmer. I love Hans Zimmer as well but the soundtrack to Dunkirk, amazing as it is, is less (no) music and more sound effects so I think John Williams should get it. As I said at the time, the music in The Last Jedi is one of the few things I loved about the film; it is a pleasure to listen to and very powerful and moving.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote