View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 10:41   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Press Yellow For +1 no longer hidden but still clunky

I've been having a try of the Press Yellow For +1 feature again, since it is no longer a hidden feature (thanks TheWatcher for noticing it now has an on-screen prompt) .

I can't see why they released it, it's still clunky, with blank screens, spinning discs and odd on-screen messages.

For Channel 4 SD> Channel 4+1 the message is "there is no +1 for this channel, yet it has already tuned to it! Now being pedantic I know that maybe the +1 doesn't have the regional advertising, so its not exactly the same, but it has still reached the intended channel.

For the others I have tried so far (Sky Witness SD, Sony Channel, ITV4 SD) they also switch to the correct +1, but then bring up the message "you are already tuned to a +1 channel". Which makes no sense.

The delay with blank screens and spinning loading discs doesn't happen on the similar Press Blue for HD feature, why should this be any different?

The on-screen messages don't look good at all, they are just confusing given the box successfully switches to the desired +1 channel.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote