View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 13:34   #17
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Folding bikes, bags & buses

Well, I've got the bag and the bike does indeed fit into it; just waiting on the folding bike stem.

But there's no rush now...because I have, in a sense, been forced to get a sick note!

To explain: my physiotherapist advised light duties only for a few weeks, but at my workplace there really isn't any such thing - even 'light duties', i.e. picking items for each van once the other lads have taken them off the trailers, involves a lot of walking and some degree of handling, and given that I've suffered hamstring injuries it isn't a good idea to walk around too much.

So I was sent home last night on what would've been my first night of 5, and advised/told to get a sick note on the grounds that I'm not 100% fit to do the job, which is true - said note, dated till the 25th, is now en route via the post. But I've got two weeks' holiday coming up in any case, so now I'm effectively off for 4 weeks! Result!