View Single Post
Old 17-01-2022, 09:11   #248
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Here’s an odd one. I was on hold waiting for Retensions yesterday and after a few minutes I heard a recording offering me £8 off my bill for six months. No explanation, just ‘press 1 to accept’. I accepted and got a message saying it will be applied to my next six bills.
Anyone else been offered this? Still haven’t received a price increase notification either
They are trying to persuade anyone who is trying to cancel due to the price rise to stay - but also to accept this discount rather than trying to get an even bigger discount by speaking to someone/cancelling.

Aren't most people who received a price rise (everyone?) getting that message on the cancellation line? I received the same message apart from it is for a £5.75 discount - effectively putting off the price rise for 6 months. No change to contract term, no change to the package. My promo price doesn't end until September anyway, so pressed 1 to accept to see if it takes the discount off the promo price.

Unless you are on a price that can't be beaten, no matter how far you are into the contract, it would be worth cancelling/attempting to renegotiate as this has given you an opportunity. Go beyond the 15th February (or whatever date is mentioned in your notification) and the worse case is you just stay on your promo price and have to negotiate then.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Started a new contract last month and have now received the email saying the price is going up by £5.75 from March. No mention of the price being fixed until the end of the contract.
Our email says,

"We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology.

Our price increase won’t affect you until your fixed-price offer ends
From then, you’ll start paying the full price for your package, and this will be going up by £5.75 a month. If you’d like to check when your fixed-price offer ends, please refer to your bill."

Under a large red "Find out more" button our price rise email goes on to say "If you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 15/02/2022, without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/pricechange1 to find out more."

Anyone who has received the email notification should double check what their email says (and their contract/bill to see when any fixed price/discount ends).

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Our price is fixed until the end of the 18 months contract and then its time to barter for a new deal.
Or you could barter now and then lock in a better price/package? There is a window to negotiate now/leave rather than waiting, though if you are happy with the current price/package then nothing to worry about until the end of your promo.

Last edited by MrB; 17-01-2022 at 09:17.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote