View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 21:51   #476
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: [Merged] NTL Email Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Any ideas what this means "
Task 'N - NTLMAIL - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR no such message.'"

I get this on one of my NTL accounts all the others collect fine and I can read the mail from this account fine using webmail. It is the primary account associated with my NTL account. Was OK earlier this evening then it suddenly started doing this..!!!

Doh - Guess who didn't check the previous posts!!!
byron_hinson had the same problem....

you need to telnet into the account, then list messages. Then use the top command to view each message, when you have done this it will say ERR mail does not exist (something along those lines). Then do list again and it should show the list minus the one you have just tried to view. Then repeat the process for all messages there. Send and receiving in OE will then be fine.

If you are not confident doing this pm me the username of the mailbox you are having problems with and i will sort it for you

MB
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote