Thread: Tivo V6 Horizon UI
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2018, 13:37   #42
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Horizon UI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't doubt that, Den, but what of the wider audience?

You really notice that the current UI is oudated after using Sky Q and Amazon Fire for an evening, and then go back to the Virgin platform. It looks ok, but as I said, it's outdated. I think younger people would be put off Virgin for this reason, and Virgin need as many customers as possible to keep our service running while continuing to invest in infrastructure and content.
I agree, I use the streaming services for watching movies only and so when I switch back to the V6 box for general TV it noticeably looks clunky and dated. I think visual imagery is now the acceptable standard now for all the main TV and streaming providers, with the exception been Freeview but even they are trying to implement change. I think text should really be kept to the settings sub menus and more imagery used for general TV inc the Box Sets/Catch Up menus with as little text as possible, just click and view!
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote