Thread: US Timeline The Expanse
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2018, 08:21   #116
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: The Expanse

Quote:
Why did Amazon save The Expanse? Recently, studio head Jennifer Salke spoke with Deadline about the streaming service’s decision to pick up the cancelled Syfy TV show.
As reported earlier, Amazon has greenlit a fourth season of the sci-fi drama, which explores a vast conspiracy 200 years in the future.
Speaking to Deadline, Salke says Amazon picked up The Expanse because of the show’s fans:

“There were airplanes circling us, I was having cakes delivered, there was a whole thing happening. And then really smart people, whose opinions I really value creatively, started reaching out to me, saying, “have you seen this show, The Expanse, it’s actually great”. I hadn’t so I spent some time, I watched the show and I was like, this show is actually really well done, why is nobody watching it? At the same time, Jeff Bezos was getting emails from everyone from George R.R. Martin to every captain of industry, like the founder of Craigslist, and they were all writing, saying, there’s this show, it’s so great, you have to see it, you have to buy it or save it.”
I love it when stuff like this happens and her job is exactly the kind of job I would love to have and will do when I win the euromillions. You need people who appreciate quality in a powerful position who can say "yes". I love the fact that the article was all about fan appreciate and and the quality of the show and no business talk about analysis of ratings and all that rubbish.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote