View Single Post
Old 21-12-2023, 22:11   #454
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67782869

As already mentioned by MB in the coming soon thread, Warner and Paramount are in merger talks.

As I said in the earlier posts in this thread and this thread:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...ht=john+malone

John Malone (ultimate owner of VM, Discovery (as it was) and now Warner Discovery) is looking for the last big deal.

As I used to say on this site, old media is dead in the water. Rupert Murdoch knew this and sold out, the signs outside the Hollywood companies in the future will read: Amazon, Apple, Google, Netflix and possibly one other like Sony.

If this merger happens, it won't stop there, I would then expect the merged entity to be gobbled up by someone like Microsoft. John Malone can then put his slippers on and enjoy his retirement. Oh wait, there's all the cablecos and mobile to deal with first...

Still plenty more companies to load up with debt.
I completely agree. It must be obvious to everyone by now that the streaming revolution is here to stay and will gobble up all of the TV channels as we know them. Only FAST channels will survive - but for how long?

And Netflix still reigns supreme, despite naysayers predicting its early demise.