View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 23:22   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Broadband constantly dropping in and out

Those power levels are fine. Downstream is pretty much 0 with an snr of 38 and upstream is 48.

If you have a look at the settings in the shub (you will have to log in to the router bit) somewhere under firewall settings there with be an option for something like "respond to icmp echo requests" or "respond to pings". It will be disabled at the moment and you need to enable it for the graph to work because it works by pinging your router. I don't know where the setting is exactly because my shub is in modem mode. Give the graph some time though, you need to remember it update in real time so if you have only just set it up then it will be blank because it hasn't got any information for the last 24 hours. If you leave it 1 hour you will see the time axis shift along from right to left and your graph will start to form. Any green/yellow/blue means it is working and if it is solid red you know it is a firewall issue with the shub.

As your power levels are fine though if the graph shows that you are still getting disconnects then you will have to ring them up and get someone to come out because all those T3 timeouts in your log are indicative of a network fault. Intermittent faults are a pain in the ass to diagnose and if customers don't ring up then VM don't see there is an issue/fault. This is where stuff like the graph comes in handy because if you can show what has been happening over a series of days then the tech can see that the fault exists and escalate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_2677 View Post
I did get an email recently asking if I'd like a free upgrade to 100MB
as an fyi you are already on 100mbits. The config you posted shows that you are on 100 down and 6 up so any upgrade will involve you moving to the next tier up which is 200/12 I believe.

Last edited by General Maximus; 01-02-2018 at 23:33.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote