Thread: Streaming Wandavision
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 15:20   #71
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Wandavision

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I think last weeks ep should have been the first episode. It would have set the story and mystery up quite nicely, given the audience peace of mind that it is grounded in the MCU and then the subsequent eps could have elaborated and built on the sitcom snippets we saw in last episode and all along we know it is going somewhere and it isn't just some cheesy sitcom.
I think it would have ruined the mystery. I likely the way they set it up with creepy sequences hinting at a world outside Wanda's cosy Sitcom life.

I like the fact that the show is making us wait for answers, rather than offering them up front. It gives us the chance to anticipate, and even speculate on the answers, which is half the fun.

I also like the fact that the show has frequently pivoted from being light comedy to drama and even hinted at horror, without it seeming like a cheesy attempt to shock people.

I think the way the show started helped that (particularly the creepy beekeeper in Ep 2, which would have been ruined if we knew what he actually was).

As for the show being part of the MCU. I never doubted that for a second. After all, the show pretty much started with Vision in his natural form, and with Wanda practicing magic.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote