View Single Post
Old 18-01-2020, 09:15   #43
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: M1000 is available. How to order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Virgin over provisions all of their tiers as there's strict advertising rules relating to a certain % of customers actually getting that speed. That mostly came from *DSL lines as people were being sold 24Mbit connections that could realistically only get 5mbit (or worse), but the rules apply to Virgin as well.

I'm aware of this, but Seph specifically mentioned getting a router with a 2.5G port and I'm still curious as to what he planned to do with that. Was it something like Hub -> 2x 1G -> Router -> 2.5G -> 2.5G/5G/10G on a PC? Something like that?

I'm just trying to understand why a 2.5G router is in any way relevant
Kush is pressing me and I don’t want to dodge! His underlying question is well founded. My instinct is that in the lifetime of the AX11000 router at my house, and with the possibility of full fibre roll-out and associated speed competition, then2.5Gig port will eventually come into useful play. I’ve had the AC68U for nearly 4 years and look what’s happened to speeds in that elapsed period. Naturally I would have to upgrade my PC equipment, but that’s all part of the fun.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote