View Single Post
Old 24-11-2017, 16:48   #3441
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Thats not true, STV also show a lot of Scottish programmes and other programmes at different days/times to what is on ITV. I remember when STV stopped airing The Bill and putting on localised shows. Just recently there was a series about local/scottish history and one of the programmes last week was about the 1971 gas explosion in clarkston.

STV2 is the local channel now.
If there are programmes on STV that aren't available on the rest of the ITV network, I wonder if VM are to make it available to everyone via the the back door by using this as their AD channel??

That way, as with the BBC Nations and S4C, those who used to live in Scotland or are simply interested in the culture can watch the local news & other programming.

Also, if this is put in place now, ITV would have less of a case if they complained about this feed being put onto 103 should VM go down this route regarding the retransmission fee dispute.

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I'm told that last night's scan showed that STV AD has now replaced ITV AD in the NIT of VM's "Code Download Test (Portsmouth)" network. Indicating that the feed is now being tested centrally. The "hidden" flag in the EPG section of the SDT had beenOB may prefer to interpret this as STV AD being tested by Dianne Abbott but... there you go.
Does this change to central testing suggest that STV AD may be being made available to the whole VM network (this may help to support or disprove my speculation above).

Personally, if they can get away with it and it's free, I think that VM might as well offer STV to everyone as an alternative to ITV for the purposes of timeshifting or extra programming.

I sometimes watch BBC1 Wales for the local programming and find BBC1 NI useful at night during recording clashes as they often show programmes later than the English BBC1.