View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 18:27   #438
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

I saw these and thought of you lot.

We visited Almond Valley Heritage Park in Livingston yesterday. Turns out it is right beneath the point where aircraft approaching Edinburgh from the southwest make their final turn onto alignment with the runway and drop their gear. I caught this one in the very act:

EI-CVB is an Airbus A320-214 ... clearly currently flying for Aer Lingus.

Meanwhile, this pilot flying for Easyjet is playing it casual and hasn't dropped gear yet:

This is an Airbus A319-111.

Got a couple of other blurry ones but these are the best by far. Almond Valley is at EH54 7AR ... I guess those that know about these things would be able to work out the distance to the runway and presumably the altitude of the aircraft at the time these were taken. Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aerlingus.jpg (133.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg easy.jpg (134.5 KB, 121 views)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote