View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 10:54   #29
James Henry
Permanently Banned

James Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these parts
Re: ntl bottom in USwitch poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Yes, of course, that'll be exactly what I said.
It's what you imply. You are happy and your service is fine, the survey is meaningless. Therefore you are basing your opinion that the survey is meaningless on, I guess your service being fine, seeing as you presented no other explanation.

Quote:
Right, I'm sure that makes all the difference
Until we know the exact methodology you're being prematurely dismissive. I'd quite like to see the methodology of it all though. Seems strange that ntl make a habit of finishing bottom in these surveys, doesn't it?

Quote:
Silly me, I forgot, because this poll says so, ntl are the pits and everyone with them is dis-satisfied
Ah sarcasm, always a good refuge when you don't actually have anything to back up what you are saying.

I look forward to seeing the exact methodology and results from this poll. Will be interesting and any bias is usually fairly easy to spot from such things. Personally I can't see why they'd pick on ntl and it can't be purely down to size of ISP else one much smaller than Plusnet would have won.

Perhaps you'd care to take a minute to check YouGov out, they appear fairly good at what they do, and starting to throw around blatantly biased polls wouldn't really help their reputation with regard to their core business: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouGov

That withstanding I am, as always, happy to be proven wrong if it ends up being obvious that this was rigged to gain U-Switch revenue. Either way just doing and releasing the results of the poll would have drawn visitors to their site and therefore gained them revenue so why the need to rig it?

I've little doubt that U-Switch aren't whiter than white. They are after all a profit making business and not a charity. I'm just suggesting that when a company keeps managing to come last in polls and surveys and ends up on Britain's most watched consumer show due to the poor quality of the service it provides there might just be some basis in fact there, just maybe.

My turn to be sarcastic:
Wonder if this poll included Telewest seperately, seeing as Telewest finish significantly higher in these things that ntl usually. Seeing as there's obviously this huge conspiracy to paint ntl as being bad it must extend to Telewest and cable in general as well, surely.
James Henry is offline   Reply With Quote