View Single Post
Old 16-05-2008, 13:05   #6720
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
I've finally had a reply from my bank regarding the new banking code, and I expressed my concerns over Phorm and it's possible impact on online banking activity with them.

They have stated that providing that I've not given my security details to anyone, and I've used reasonable care that they guarantee they will refund any loss from an account.

This paragraph did cause me a little concern though

Quote:
With regards to the use of Webwise by Internet Service Providers, I am unable to discuss or investigate the use of this system with you. Please may I advise that you contact your Internet Service Provider directly
I find this a little unsettling, why can't they discuss it with me? If someone was cleaned out as a result of hackers exploiting the Phorm system, would the banks use this as a get out clause to refund peoples loss?

I'm not happy with this reply, and I'm going to write back. I'll keep you all posted.
This is what my bank had to say about webwise...

We understand your concerns regarding Phorms open internet exchange monitoring your internet usage. The phorm service is limited to monitoring none-secure web only. This means that although it may see you visit our web site, it can not trace your activity when you log on to your Internet Banking.

If you are worried about your Internet Banking log on information being captured by Phorm, details will not be captured from our log-on screens as the are encrypted https pages. If you use the same log on information for any none-secure (http) sites we would recommend that you change your Internet Banking details to something new that you do not use elsewhere.

They are fully aware of Phorm and insist there is nothing to fear.

My second financial institution however has not yet responded other than to acknowledge receipt...