View Single Post
Old 22-07-2021, 11:12   #1699
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Britain outside the EU

It's like getting a parking ticket because one of your wheels touches the white line around your space. Yes that breaks the rules, you "should" get a ticket but if its say an arbitrary line next to a wall with no real space remaining and there is a big SUV on the other side that would block your exit (i.e. it's not causing anyone a problem) common sense would dictate not to bother.

The rules are there to try to stop stuff crossing into the EU that the EU doesn't want or wants to "tax" on entry and visa versa. Is there evidence of industries getting ready to do that and use the island of Ireland as a conduit? They should just let people get on with being people, let goods flow as they have always done, you should be able to spot outliers indicating something odd happening and deal with that. People on either side of the border travelling to buy stuff at better prices really isn't going to hurt either economy and the cost of policing would likely outweigh any income you'd gain.