View Single Post
Old 28-01-2021, 12:40   #8473
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
In the scheme of things carriage on BT is pretty insignificant and won't factor into NBCUniversal's strategy for the UK versions of E! and SYFY.

They're both carried on the biggest platforms, Sky and Virgin Media. SYFY is also on NOW TV. If they continue to tick over nicely and generate income it's safe to assume that they won't be going anywhere for now. Movies 24 is another NBCUniversal channel removed from BT (on 31st March 2020) and it's still on Sky and Virgin Media.

Sky know what they are doing. BT has given up on trying to compete on TV.
Agreed.

I should have said above we may not see changes in the short term but thinking medium to longer term I’m not entirely convinced as to their future - Sky are obviously shoring up their own content proposition by expanding their own channel portfolio and they’re remaking E! formats like Dating No Filter and acquiring NBC owned SyFy shows like Resident Alien for Sky One so there appears to be little indication at the moment they are looking at making them flagships anytime soon unless they get a ‘Sky’ prefix somewhere down the line! You may be right and they just let them do their thing for the time being but I won’t see surprised either to see the powers that be do something with them once they’re no longer beholden to any legacy deals.

(I completely forgot about Movies24 - that seems to be a nice little engine chugging away quietly in the corner)