View Single Post
Old 27-01-2021, 20:33   #8466
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
It's certainly not a coincidence that all but one of these channels are in some way controlled by Sky. It's just them trying to force more BT customers over to the NOW TV packages, and I think all the channels will continue on other platforms as they are.
I think that will certainly be the case for the A&E Portfolio (even though it is a JV, they pretty much are autonomous hence seeing Sky History on TVPlayer for example) but once the NBCU duo leave BT and TalkTalk permanently then it does more or less leave Sky and Virgin as the only providers carrying them in the UK which is why I am inclined to think we may some changes in the short to medium term.

In regards to them leaving BT, I don't think it's Sky forcing people over but BT allowing their legacy contracts to expire until the older packages are more or less unsustainable and they can get out of carriage completely (outside of AMC) - if some of those A&E channels were to appear on Now TV, BT would just retail them without needing to manage a bundle proposition themselves.