View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 17:38   #14
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Election 2019 - Week 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
On the contrary, he’s a liar, a chancer, a philanderer, and seems to be instinctively contemptuous of those whose background or experiences are much different than his.

On the other hand, the only other person who could conceivably be prime minister this time next week is a clear national security risk, propped up by ideological thugs, and he poses a serious socioeconomic risk with his desire to re-run statist experiments that were tried, and failed, a generation ago.

That’s the calculation everyone has to make this week. “Who’s a nice man?” Doesn’t come into it. “Who’s a liar?” doesn’t either, sadly. Which one of them is more or less likely to keep the country on an even keel and move our government forwards? That’s what everyone has to grapple with.

I’m voting conservative because so far as I can see it’s the only viable choice.
You don't seem that enthusiastic about it ! The only reason he's PM is because of Brexit, which he doesn't actually believe in at all. Took ages to decide which side he was going to be on; what was best for his political career being the deciding factor. I have a feeling even if he does win, the Tories are those that are going to be most disappointed with him. He'll be hounded out within a year when he's still failed to sort Brexit out, and the country disintegrates into a second rate Poland.