Thread: General Cancellation - Final Bill
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 22:36   #9
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Cancellation - Final Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I should have been clearer in my previous post.

As soon as the cancellation completes then a final bill is generated. Where possible this will replace an existing bill that goes past the cancellation date and so an amended payment will be taken on a different date to usual to comply with the advance notification required under the Direct Debit rules.

Its usually when the Direct Debit payment process has already started before the cancellation completes is an existing bill payment taken and then overpayment refunded.
Not what I was told when I eventually got through to CS.

As my end date is 30th October and payment date is 5th November, they have ample time to change the amount and collect what I actually owe.

I was definitely told the full amount would be taken as if I hadn't cancelled and a refund would be given after 45 days.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote