Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 22:40   #1242
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Here is a press release from Sky at the time.
Ta.

"As part of the extended deal, Sky’s stellar line up of entertainment, cinema and sports channels will continue to be available on Virgin Media’s TV platform, with Virgin customers set to enjoy new Ultra HD linear and additional video-on-demand content from Sky next year."

I guess that could be be interpreted as Red Button UHD, but if I was writing a press release to convey that that's not the way I'd phrase it, even if I was told to not to give too much specific detail.

That ambiguity sounded like a proper channel back then, to me, and the extended delay made it seem to me like it was referencing a service that Sky hadn't launched yet, as if it was simply the existing UHD Red Button it would have launched at the start of the year.

Makes no difference to me ultimately as I don't have Sky premium channels or a UHD TV, I'm simply interested in tech.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote