View Single Post
Old 30-12-2018, 18:44   #5150
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Aquaman: 7.5/10

I wasn't expecting much and thought Wonder Woman was just a blip but it was actually very good. They followed the same formula as Wonder Woman which isn't a bad thing and did the coming of age thing showing you him as a boy growing up and as we progressed through the film they expanded on the Atlantean culture and society and it all adds depth to the story and characters and make it more believable. The cgi was very good but the lighting/brightness/shininess underwater was going to bug me and hit my realism radar but they explained it away with their eye sight and vision and how they adapt to the underwater environment and I was okay with that.
Jason Momoa made the character in terms of the attitude and definitely the fight scenes. It was refreshing to have normal foes for once and not generic CGI bad guys. All round it is a good film and I would definitely go to see Aquaman 2.

The only niggle I have and this is a first, is the soundtrack. I think throughout the entire film you literally had 20 seconds when there was just silence and no music playing in one form or another. It was constant from start to finish and flipped between normal orchestral and something which sounded like they had ripped it straight out of Thor Ragnarok.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote