View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 12:02   #196
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I didn't say 'I know I'm right'! Thisis typical of how you respond to people who disagree with yo

My position on global warming is that I have an open mind, but I'm not yet convinced that:

1. The temperature records showing an upward trend have not been manipulated rather than 'adjusted' for appropriate reasons.

2. Any rise in temperature is caused by carbon emissions. I have already told you why I think that.

It would be better if you actually addressed the points that I'm making, rather than having a go. This is a discussion forum.
If you are not convinced then you must have assessed the evidence and judged it unreliable. So you should be able to present the scientific evidence and objective argument to support why there is *not* a pending climate change catastrophe i.e. why you are not accepting the overwhelming consensus. Citing a single clearly biased scientist does not cut it I am afraid.

You use phrases like:

Quote:
You really shouldn't be so gullible as to believe everything scientists come up with. They have been wrong so many times before.
These do not give an impression that you are "open minded" in this respect.